Friday, June 13, 2008

Long distance vacations

Driving down to Utah to see Mom and go to a family reunion. With Gas at $4.29 a gallon, I made the decision to drive 55 vs my usual 70. Last year when I made the drive (at 70) I got 18mpg, this year I am getting 27mpg. So over a 1600 mile round trip, I saved 28 gallons, and at $4.29 a gallon we are talking about nearly two tanks and around $130.00 over the trip. I always knew I was using more gas than I should in the past, but again....The money was good and I wasn't thinking

We are going back to the seventies, where the guvmint dropped the speed limit to 55 for just this reason. I thought then that it was one of the few good ideas that the government ever had, so of course they took it back...You can't have the government doing the right thing and making sense now, can you.

No comments: