Saturday, August 23, 2008

Blogs and Egos

Lets face facts, people blog because of their ego.  They feel that there is a quality in their thoughts that is worthy of an audience.  Fair enough, guilty as charged.

But lately I have been noticing that I tend to write about issues that get responded to.  It appears that I am playing to the audience.  Shit.

I figure that is the first step in the process of becoming a real talking head, one of those idiots who spend Sunday morning berating each other and trying to come up with droll quips and looking telegenic.  Double Shit.

I'm sorry folks.  I'll try to do better.

2 comments:

Mayberry said...

Ahhhh so. I think it's kinda hard not to fall into that trap sometimes, but I think I've been doing a pretty good job of avoiding it lately! I just peck out my thoughts and roll with it. Think of it as a journal, not a blog, and you'll stay true to yourself. That's what I do.

Ryan said...

I think we have thoughts that we want to share with people. Playing to readers is a real easy trap to fall into. I alternate between caring about that and not.