Thursday, September 4, 2008

Coitus Interruptus

I am ecstatic that Gustav missed the mark and didn't do that much damage. I am pleased as punch that we seem to still be dodging bullets in the economy.

I don't want shit to go bad, thank you very much.

But there sure is a lot of folks out there who seem to be genuinely disappointed by the fact that the world hasn't fallen apart yet. Old Jimmy Kunstler is foaming at the mouth waiting for the world to go to hell. Matt Savinar over at the Lifeafterpeakoil site is disconsolate that we aren't fighting rats for food yet.

Being a cheerful doomer is a lot more satisfying. The truth of the matter is, there is a small but significant chance we might somehow manage to steer our way through this mess. I don't assign it a huge possibility, but the truth of the matter is, we might and that is the possibility that I am rooting for (Please note: I am a Raiders and Cubs fan).

I'm still prepping though.

1 comment:

Sunfighter said...

I have said many times I don't want to see TSHTF. I prep because I am aware of the possibility. But be disappointed if it doesn't happen, no way. Too many people want to see it happen. But most of us don't.