Friday, April 17, 2009

21 and counting

midi512_blank

For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan

I follow sunspots. Just a thing. I have no idea what the data means, but ever since Dragon got me started on these last year I have kept an eye on them….pretty regularly since October. I have been following the data over at Spaceweather.com.

At present, it is just an idle intellectual curiosity. The rules of causation and correlation still apply. The meaning of these extended absences aren’t clear. It is a mystery, and that in itself is very cool my friends.

We operate in a world where we have to know for certain. Where the data is cut and pasted and made to fit the ideas that we brought into the exercise. We have to be able to construct a scatter plot that shows how the linearity of the curve fit is >.99; that the statistical significance approaches unity.

I don’t think we have a clue of what is going on with this one. I think that there is a fair chance we never will.

That is a treasure that we should savor.

Give this a listen while you ponder.

No comments: