Friday, May 1, 2009

A Slow Afternoon

Sometimes thought fails you.  That is where I am right now.  I am so completely overwhelmed by the near-total corruption of the data available to me, I have to fall back upon those things where I have clear sight of the data that I need; gardening, cooking, and the vagaries of child rearing come to mind right now.
 
The fate of the US is a big mystery right now.  We are seeing things that, on their own, do not constitute evil, but do seem to constitute a radical departure on how business is being done.  Seeing as the old way of business has proved to be lacking, this is not necessarily a bad thing.  But the trends shown don't lend themselves well to the "warm and fuzzy" moments I so relish in my politics.
 
I keep looking for a concrete data set to base my actions on.  But until then, I will try to sift through the actions and putative intentions of the powers that be.  Maybe I can make sense of it.
 
I am not holding my breath.

1 comment:

Mayberry said...

Well 'Gringo, this is the point where I walk away from that infernal computer, crack open an ice cold brewski, light up a cigar, plop into my adirondak chair on my back porch (comfy buggers they are!), and just watch the birdies and clouds roll by. And just think. Usually inspiration strikes.....