Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back Home

Well, it it 777.7 miles from my Mom's front door to my front door, no shit.

A week spent with a bunch of relatives is a great thing, but to be God's honest truthful, I was as glad to get home as I was to get there.

Anyway, today's little bit of writing has to do with guns and ammo and other such tidbits. Utah is home to a good number of separatist good old boys with a love of weapons and a nearly pathological distrust of any government. I like them a lot. So you know that you aren't in blue country when you see advertisements (big ones, with lights on main highways) inviting you to come in and fire automatic weapons. Good stuff.

So I went in and chatted, and liked the folks that I chatted with, but as I was driving home, I started to consider the wisdom of such advertisements in the political environment we are living in.

I think that the lid is going to come off soon. Just my opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it. When the lid comes off however, if everyone knows what you have, you may very well have a spot of bother keeping hold of it.

So my suggestion is to squirrel stuff that you think you may need away. But if I were you, I would keep a low profile and not advertise your capability.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

I think that is sound advice, my friend. Better to prep in silence, than to let everyone know what you may have, and where!

I gave up on trying to convince anyone to my way of thinkig...so I'll just keep on doing my thing as best I can.

Enjoyable post!

Mayberry said...

I've a sudden urge to move to Utah.....