Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tin Foil is a Tinglin’

TinFoilHatPootie

Ok, I am not usually a serious tin-foil hatter, being at best a semi-skilled dilettante. I tend toward the middle of the road and usually assign the screw ups of the world to incompetence rather than active chicanery.

But every so often, something comes up to reinforce my belief that something is afoot. It isn't the obvious things that the nut-cases scream about, it is subtle little shifts and twists that will wreak changes to the rules.

Hence there is S.773, a bill currently working its way through the mangling meat-grinder of senatorial committees. Now if the Republicans were still in charge, the Democrats would be screaming bloody murder about our privacy rights. But since the Dem’s are in charge, and this bill is being written by a Dem, it will be interesting to see how far it goes.

If I were you folks, I would start working on your personal information security and encryption capabilities. I would also start looking at alternate means of communication to the Internet should the need arise and you need private and free speech.

1 comment:

Mayberry said...

I wonder if us "peons" could access encryption that can't be broken by the "spooks". And aside from face to face conversation in a lead lined bunker, verified free of "bugs", is there any form of communication that can't be eavesdropped on? I can't think of any... Times are getting truly frightening my friend. One can only hope that fear of "losing their job" will make the Senate think long and hard about this one... I don't know if it would be enough to get people out in the streets "tea bagging" as it were. Which is sad, because it should. More so than healthcare and taxes....