Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dumbasses with too many guns



Look, I am not worried about a gaggle of folks on welfare getting all hinky because they don't get their welfare.  I think that if you spend any time outside of a clown car, you realize that the bulk of people who take welfare are struggling like crazy and, for the most part, not really that aware of the worlds foibles.  The folks on welfare are folks who have lost the struggle to live in our bipolar, angst-driven culture any longer.   The folks on welfare are usually just folks who want to get by, but don't really have the skills or the brains to do so. 

Now, I am not saying that there aren't lazy fuckers out there on welfare.  Nope.  But I would say that the percentage of lazy fuckers on welfare closely parallels the ratio of lazy fuckers in the workplace.  Maybe a little better.  Not much.

Nope, I am not at all worried about the welfare types.  I am worried about the guys with arsenals in their basement.  Now, I have my hardware.  Rifle, shotgun, pistol.   I am thinking about a 22, but can't really see the need.  For a small caliber, I might want to go with the .177 air rifle that may see more use.

But back from the joys of having a firearm in your house to having an effing arsenal with military grade weapons.  Don't kid yourselves folks, there are those folks out there.  Now, I will hear homilies about self-defense in response to this.  I regard that as just so much fertilizer.

If you have more than 10 military-grade weapons, you have an arsenal.  You can call yourself a gun collector, but it is still an arsenal.   Far too many of the people that I know with this sort of armament available are the kind of people that, if things went south, would put the guns to work feathering their nest and forcing their ideas on others at gunpoint.

The second amendment is has two parts of it.  The first clearly states "a well regulated militia".  I think that there is a lot more to this issue than "my cold dead fingers".

2 comments:

russell1200 said...

Why are you concerned with how many guns someone owns?

They can only shoot one at time.

Degringolade said...

Because control of weapons and the ability to recruit and arm folks to enforce your will is the beginning of really bad things