Saturday, September 22, 2012

Been Busy

old-hands

It is strange that I feel guilty when I don’t write something up here in Ephemeraland.  I do enjoy the process, but feeling like it is a responsibility is a little show of solipsism that causes a relatively greater amount of embarrassment than guilt.

Finishing up the week, shlepping kids, working and going into the autumn doldrums have eaten up all of my hours of the day of late.  For all the time spent, I still have not managed to accomplish anything of worth.  Just one of those times. 

Now I am packing up to go check on my Mom.  Pack the car drive to Utah, and see how the folks in the euphemistically-named “memory care facility” are doing.  Hell, what this has taught me more than anything is that I really don’t care if I die (we all will), but Alzheimer's scares the living bejesus out of me.

I am bringing along my computer, so maybe I can get some posting done while I am out and about.

No comments: