Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tradecraft and other such inconveniences



I recently got an e-mail from an on-line friend. I am sending this mail in response to his concern.  I am not ragging him, and I feel flattered that he would include me, but the technical merits of his proposal need to be addressed

Been chatting with this guy for a while, and oddly enough I trust him.  Me sent me an e-mail about a "secure" e-mail/browsing service that is coming up.  I realize that he is looking out for my best interests, but there are some issues that I will discuss here that needs to be addressed in light of the recent revelations of the Federal Governments activities in monitoring correspondence and conversations.

First:  this has to be done carefully from the get go.  If you wish to go blank, you can't click a site that a friend sends you on your home computer and set something up.  

First and foremost I will direct your attention to the following site:

https://tails.boum.org/

If you really wish to create a secure means of communication, here is a first step.

I will be speaking of this soon.  I will probably enlist some assistance through some friends online.

If you want to speak securely.  It will take some effort on your part.  It will not be convenient, and you will have to begin to monitor your behavior.

No comments: