Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Ramble

Of late, I am trying hard not to spend to much time watching the goings-on being perpetrated in the name of the American People. It isn't really working.

I seem to have a taste for watching and reading history.  Lately, the headline news from trusted sources seems to have been quite selective in the coverage of the world.  Where they once at least pretended to give us information (Yes, I remember Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley, and McNeil/Lehrer), we now get a sanitized and self-serving pablum of pre-digested pap that services the goals of the corporations that control the news services.

So you go off hunting.  Try and find sources of information that aren't too slanted or biased.  Hard to do, and you have to spend a lot of time on the threshing floor.  Separating wheat from chaff has always involved hard work and application of energy.

I don't know what is going on.  I have assigned in my own little head a set of probabilities.  I am hoping to raise the level of certainty for the key propositions up to >80%, but this will be a serious task considering the quality of the data that I have as my starting points. 

No comments: