Sunday, April 29, 2018

Supposing, Just Supposing.

I have a list of sites that I read daily and whose views I take seriously.

Sic Semper Tyrannis is one of these.  The folks who post here are pretty damn smart and pretty damn thoughtful.   I will always factor opinions found here into my ponderings.

But I think sometimes that they are folks that are immersed in the past.  I have much the same problem myself.  The mental model here in the US among both the Hoi Polloi and the erstwhile patriciate is that of a successful empire.  That was true for most of my adult lifetime.  I don't think that it is true anymore.

I think that all the news and all the sound and fury of late, coming from nearly all directions, is that of a country unwilling to accept the fact that their opinions may not hold sway over the decisions of others. 


No comments: