Sunday, June 24, 2018

A Bit of Rest

Ivan Aivazovsky: Ayvaz Sredy Voln (Among the Waves)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Finally:

Taking a week off and getting out of Dodge to do some thinking. 

Gonna head south to the drylands, get some culture, and check out potential landing spots for my soon-to-come exit from the workforce.

Look, all the stuff I have written over the past twelve years here has a pretty embarrassing track record for accuracy.  I still back most of my presuppositions (e.g. Climate Change, overpopulation, resource depletion.  Those dogs are still in the hunt, but the endgame is still somewhere in the future and I have learned that giving out predictions just makes you look like an idiot. 

What I am really doing is figuring out from where I get to watch the next ten or so years.  I think that these years will be interesting.  Going into the next ten years with my age, energy level, and opinions doesn't allow me much in the way of personal impact, what I am looking for is a fairly good seat to watch the show. 

The problems that will be faced have a time-line much longer than mine.  The issues will probably be just starting to get traction about the same time that I shuffle off this mortal coil.  I am hoping for quite a bit of time personally.

I am working on lowering my impact and my needs.  I have to decide whether this will be more effectively done in a large city (Current Location, Portland, OR: population 2.5 million), or a small City (current candidate: Klamath Falls, OR population 22,000) or a Town (current candidate Brookings, OR: population 6,300).

I'll keep you up to date.


No comments: