Saturday, June 23, 2018

Living Right?

That title is a particularly tough little bit of writing to punctuate.

I can't really say which is the right way to do it.  Sometimes I am afraid to re-watch the movie "The Matrix".  First because I always want to punch Keanu Reeves in the face, the second is that I am afraid the the underlying theme of the movie may be close to what is real than I care to think about.

I have retreated from the world a lot lately.  Luckily, I am allowed to do this due to age and children growing up.  I really don't wish to retreat completely (though the thought of living on the edge of a desert in a shipping container has an odd attraction).  So whither Ennis.

The overwhelmingly bourgeois nature of contemporary American culture is wearing at me.  The "Ownership Society" has always been about status signaling and wealth displays.  Such things have always repelled me.

How does one live.

No comments: