Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Back to School

 
I think that I need to learn about the world.  Not about the economy, nor how to struggle for lucre nor have a status in the human system.

I need to learn about the world around me, you know, the permanent one that will be here at the end of this tawdry little empire, the one that the people hundreds of years from now will inhabit.  The world that I thought that I was living in for the past 64 years is a smallish thing.  It is built around a decaying energy source and a population too big for the container it lives in.

Most everyone I know agrees that the way of life we have now is unsustainable.  But yet everyone that I know is engaged in a life-or-death struggle to keep exactly what they have.

I guess that I will go the other way.  I have dropped pretty fast, I need to go down even farther.  Right now the issues that need to be solved is where to live that will allow me to reduce further, and how to get around once I get there.

Addendum:


Trying to be good and change my ways.  I cast I Ching this morning and got this hexagram with a nine at the top.  The question that was asked is "Is is getting close to being time to bail".

I wrote the initial pass of this post couple of days ago, put it in the woodpile, and scheduled it for today.   I have been thinking about moving "somewhere else" to get away from the insanity that is Portlandia.  I know that things are changing.  I know things can't continue the way they are going.  

Maybe, if for some odd reason, you have stumbled across this little vanity of mine and haven't read the "Kek Wars" over at 






No comments: