Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Am I a sinner too?



I tend to rail on about the outsized impact that social media has in our lives.  I think that Facebook and it's sleazy little fuckhead owner to be a expository and damning piece of evidence in the current trial called "What the fuck is wrong with us?".

Twitter might be even more repulsive.  280 characters in a tweet.  Fuck me.  To adequately explain even the simplest situation rising from societal interactions one needs at least a couple of pages.  And most of the time the couple of pages can merely provide an overview, not a systematic review of the situation.

Nope, these two abominations and their "me-too" scraggly copycats are complete shit, fit only for generating "snarl words" to be tossed at opponents and innocent bystanders alike.  When imagining the "public debate" fed by the output of "social media" one should keep firmly in mind the image of troops of warring bonobos flinging their feces at each other.  It appears to me that snarl words thus generated by Facebook and Twitter are the feces thrown.  So, by definition, if we are using the metaphor of posts and tweets as feces, then the orifice that produces them must necessarily be......

Now we have Blogger here.  Run by one of the snarl word orifices.  You might even argue that the big G is the worst of the bunch.  So, by writing here every day, I am questioning whether I am feeding the battle of shit-flinging.

The main reasons that prevents me from hanging my head in shame and re-re-retiring from this little affectation are as follows:

  1. By being as wind-baggy as I am, I feel that I usually drop at least hints to the other side of the issue.  
  2. I feel that I tend to be conservative and ask more questions than I answer.
  3. Nobody reads this damn thing anyway.
So, in the words of Carl Spackler, the assistant greens-keeper at Bushwood Country Club:

No comments: