Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Home Again, Home Again

Hexagram 27


I really gotta stop doing this, but I probably won't.

Cicero, Locutius, and I went off on one of our vision quests.  I did better than usual; I didn't wallow in the dirt like an animal as in prior excursions (though there was a brief interlude of resting on the grass).  

We argued politics as usual.  As usual no one really agreed with the other's point of view, but as we have been doing this long enough now (20+ years) we expected nothing more or nothing less.

Hung out at Cicero's for an evening and ate quite well, the locale is perfect and the weather cooperated.  The next morning, fortified by several cups of coffee we drove to the peninsula and gawked at all the pretty stuff.  We got into the campsite late and set up camp in the rain, but as soon as the tents were set up, the rain stopped.

Next day was perfect.  Blue sky and sunshine.  Walked (I will not try to ennoble the activity as hiking) about 4 miles total.  Lots of coolaroo mushrooms and fungi out. We ate bologna and velveeta and life was good.

Broke camp the next morning, went for breakfast in Forks and beat feet back to the warmth of Cicero's.

I want to do it again



No comments: