Saturday, September 10, 2005

Just Don't Want to Go.

I am sitting downstairs and writing while the boys are in Saturday morning rapture in front of the television.

But the other side of the issue is that I have to pack today to leave tomorrow and the idea of getting on a piece of crap airbus and go to the God-forsaken PRC just about makes me sick. But you have to make hay while the sun shines. The bank account gets bigger and the cushion will last longer the longer I keep working at the shit job I currently hold.

I always find is surprising that the money doesn't mean that much to me. I guess that I have always seen "success" as a thing not really of worth. What constitutes success in this life does not translate in overall success. The best analogy I can think of is that if you strive for success in this life and achieve it, it usually means that you are very far advanced down a wrong path. It is just going to take you longer to get back to the true.

But the world exists. Boys have to be fed and bills have to be paid. That being said, I think that there has to be a better way of doing it.

I just haven't figured out where that way is.

No comments: