Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Personae

(Psychology) (in Jungian psychology) the mechanism that conceals a person's true thoughts and feelings, esp. in his adaptation to the outside world
To a certain degree, a blog over time transforms itself into a vague simulacrum of the owner,  a series of postures that no longer reflect  the owner's beliefs and understandings.  Rather, they assume trappings of a personae that the author has developed over the years.  For this reason, I am tired my past writings.  It is a compendium of whining.  Oh, don't get me wrong, there is some pretty good stuff in there, but it is just stale.

I am kind of drifting away from the doomer, EOTWAWKI, "we are all fucked" state of mind that was there at the first.  I find it kind of stale now.  It is a chant from a chorus (including myself) of spoiled children who see their toys being taken from them soon.

I guess that I have drifted away from seeing the changes going on around us as a bad thing.  More to the point, I am seeing the changes as healthy and normal.  We have created a way of life here in America and the West that cannot be continued; with the attendant alienation, barely submerged, and a certain knowledge that we are living a lifestyle (what an abhorrent word) that cannot be maintained.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I will be listing the stupid things that I see around me.  I will be disrespectful and angry toward those that consider themselves my better.  But overall I see the passage ahead of us the move from an adolescent culture to a mature one.  There will be bad things happening, but the end point will justify the pain.

I haven't figured out how I am going to approach this opus yet.  daily, weekly, or whenever the hell I feel like it, all that is in play now.  I just know that my mental health seems better when I sit down and write.  Since my communication now seems to be most easily accomplished via keyboard rather than pen/pencil, I am opting for this format rather than a diary.

So, gentle readers, please check back in when you can.  I welcome you.

No comments: