Friday, August 31, 2018

Haunting



Its coming back to haunt us.  All that crap that was shoved down our throats in the 50's and 60's.  Teaching us to fear and hate the Russians.  I am one of the ones that they made cower under my desk at the Wilson Lane Elementary school. 

Of course, if they had attacked, Hill Air Force base being a couple of miles south meant that bring under that desk would have meant squat when that 4 or 5 weapon expenditure wiped out the main Air Force logistics base.

But now I am seeing the long term effects of such silliness.  Folks my age,  conditioned from their childhood to fear the Russians are now assigning unearned blame to all their fears coming to roost.

The Russians are being blamed for our presumed descent into autocracy.  That is because most folks my age can't believe for a moment that their greed, their inaction, and their cupidity is what bought us the rapidly greying symbol that resides in the White House. 

No comments: