Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir


Now that it is getting to be winterish and the sun is leaving, I need to re-evaluate my sleeping habits in order to get everything done.

I tend to be a morning person, something which appears to disgust my family and friends.   During the summer, I think that this makes things easier for me.  But during the winter, my opinions about the early AM progressively re-align with the thoughts of others.

I now am switching over to getting up even earlier.  The reason for this is simple, it really does give me more productive time during the day.  If I wake up early and hit it, I can have all the work done in the morning and that offers two uninterrupted hours after I get home and decompress.

I really don't want to be productive in any way, shape, or form after I get home from work.   This is my time to have a bite to eat and to do some recreational reading.  But I really don't want to get into the habit of watching the boob-tube either.  It appears to me that recreational reading  at worst doesn't detract from one's intelligence, watching the boob-tube appears to do just that.

So, wake up early, get writing and consulting work knocked out, go to work, get home, kick back and chill.  I am thinking that this rut sounds good.




No comments: