Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Huh!



One of my little affectations is a print subscription to "Foreign Affairs".   Been reading the the damn thing for years now, despite it's declining quality and increasingly obvious intellectual and ideological blinders.

This last issue's lead article by Mike Pompeo has me seriously considering cancelling my subscription.  All I gotta say is that, if this guy was the valedictorian at West Point, then we have some serious mental deficiencies in the officer Corps.  But as a former NCO, this is not the firs time the thought  has crossed my mind, especially when considering the output from West Point.  Ring Knockers have never impressed me.

Look, I don't really have a problem with well-executed hypocrisy.  Whether one likes it or not, a certain hypocrisy is the meat and potatoes of any decent diplomatic initiative.  The screed vomited up by Pompeo in this sophomoric little piece of fluff could be repurposed to a withering condemnation of the US with a simple search and replace and be made into a fairly accurate description of our currently boneheaded "Foreign Policy".


No comments: