Monday, December 17, 2018

I've Lost Seventy Pounds.



The chika's at work are always asking me how I have done it.  I always tell them how, but they never like the answer.  Eat less.  Exercise more.

That's.Fucking.It.

But when I think about it, I guess it isn't really all that simple.  Oh, yes, from a practical point of view it is a 100% accurate statement but from the interior of my brain, the primus mobile comes from a different place.  Now, I don't want anyone to think that, even for a moment, I have developed a case of unwonted virtue, far be it from the case here.

What I have developed is a revulsion toward the never-ending consumerism and status-seeking that have held me in thrall.  As discussed in an earlier post, I knew a long time ago that there wasn't a chance in hell that the forever-forward-to-the-stars-humanity-achieves-it's-godlike-destiny never had a chance in hell of succeeding.  But I was greedy and fatuous enough to think that I could hit and run and get out of the way.

Well, that didn't work.

No comments: