Monday, September 28, 2020

Confessions of a Leg-Breaker

Chef just informed me that my pictures haven't been coming through.  I think that it is a google thing so let's see if they will reappear if I use the pictures stored on Dreamwidth rather than the ones over at the dark princes realm.  So here is an old picture that I just uploaded on the Dreamwidth site.  Lets see if this one shows up.

First day back to the 7:30 start.  AN extra hour in the morning makes a difference.  I still woke up before five.  It will take a bit to retrain, but I think that I am up to the task. 

Weird font issues.  I think that I will need to play around with this to get it working out the way that I want.

Screed

I read an interesting piece yesterday.  Can't say as there was one single thing that I disagreed with.  I was especially taken with this tidbit.  Which hit the nail on the head.

"Donald Trump, on the other hand, is not your normal president. He is, according to his own relatives, a "sociopath," "clown," "narcissist," "habitual liar," "inept," and a cheater even when it comes to taking a SAT exam. According to his former aids, he is an "idiot," a "dope," a "moron," "unhinged," with understanding of "a fifth- or sixth-grader." To this list one can add many other attributes, such as a white supremacist, an accused sex offender, a semi-literate, etc. He has destroyed the aura of the presidency. He has shown that the US president has no clothes (a very ugly image!). He has shown that nearly 40% of Americans love him and love what he stands for. He has been laughed at by other "world leaders." He has, as stated earlier, only been able to obtain the support of the puny Dominican Republic at the UNSC when it comes to sanctioning Iran. In short, he has almost destroyed the image of the US empire. If elected again, he could complete the job."

Now, that shows me why I might just vote for fuckwad again.  It isn't because he will be a good President who will lead us Americans to our place in the shining new world of the future, It will be because he won't try to return us to the past that failed.  I have stated over and over again that the money people who run this country loathe him because his massive incompetence threatens their privilege (and I use the term in its original Latin roots "Private Law") and their ill-gotten gains.  Their money and their privilege requires the continuation of the wealth-pump that is Empire.

Trump is all about ill-gotten gains.  He is a con-man of the first order.  I have always been impressed with his flaunting of the social norms that govern the money people.  They dress themselves in a similacrum of virtue, but their wealth is theft and is really no different from the wealth that fuckwad has amassed.  It is just that fuckwad has not conformed to the charade of how the nobility should act.

Look, the empire is ending.  We have done just about everything wrong for the past forty years.  All of our presidents have been bag men for the money that truly runs the country.  The money people have systems in place that strip-mine everything that they can get their claws into and the presidency is part of that machine. 

Biden is part of that machine.  Hell, Biden, in his decrepitude and senescence might well be the poster child for that machine. 

It truly is a choice of the lesser of two evils. 

I am thinking that the loss of empire and the marginalization of the American "dream" might be the lesser.


No comments: