Friday, September 21, 2018

A very awkward question that will probably piss some folks off.




This one will probably piss some folk off.  It really isn't meant to, but it will ask some questions that I can seem to find satisfactory answers to.  These questions will be in regards to a lot of folks cherished beliefs.

First a disclaimer.  I don't give a single fuck about what anyone over the age of sixteen does with their private parts for pleasure.  Just don't.  You can use your penis or vagina or whatever to do whatever to whoever and it doesn't bother me one tiny bit.

I would prefer that consent be obtained in all cases.  If it isn't, I feel that you should be put in prison where anyone bigger than you can do what they want to you without containing prior consent.

OK:  Now that my social ass-covering (pun intended) is complete, I will give you some background as to where this question began.  I began riding home on the Max here in Portlandia.  The traincar was reasonably full.  Split for XX and XY was pretty much 50:50.

But here is the deal that struck me.  All my fellow XY's were kinda feminine looking.  

At first I thought to myself that I was being a prejudiced dirtbag.  So I closed my eyes and tried to clear my brain.  I opened them up and got the same results.  Now I was really kind of intrigued.  As I said before, I don't care what you do or how you act, but why, in a simple random one-off sample do I get such a preponderance of similar features?

Then it struck me, and these are the questions than many will find offensive by it even being asked:

What is the long term effect of ubiquitous, low level exposure xenoestrogens to the male population?  Will it make the XY's more XX over time.  Will this impact fertility?  Will it be localized to certain areas?  

Look, this is an important question.  Adaptation to environmental conditions is natural and useful.  I make no judgement of the form that successful adaptation takes.  In a polluted and overpopulated world, maybe a more feminized, less sexually active male population is an overall adaptive strategy.

Lots of meat in this one.....I sure don't know the answer, but it is an interesting question.

Some basic reading on the issue:





No comments: