Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Frankie, Johnnie, and the Goal.

Strange bedfellows indeed.

Pure thought is an odd thing.  I tend to believe that, if given sufficient time, I could puzzle most things out by just sitting around and thinking, then going and setting up a quick set of experiments to check my thinking.  Oh, don't get me wrong, the harder the problem, the more time I have to ponder the problem in order to work it out in my head, and the more complex the experiments.

But, it appears that pure thought alone won’t enable me to work out the really important shit, like magic and God and the fate of the world.  Now, I don't for a moment pretend that I am the only person struggling with this.  But obviously, my searching are neither novel nor unique, when you look at the few people in the world that I can admire, they all seem to be pursuing the same goal with, what appears to me, to be the same degree of success.

The goal is merely to understand.  The current zeitgeist seems to be that of taking sides.  The hunter's quest to identify prey and pull it down.  If someone is different from you, the goals that someone pursues must be evil.

The idea that opposition is not obstruction must be kept firmly in mind.  The principle of opposites allows the world to adapt to a changing cosmos. 







No comments: