Wednesday, September 5, 2018

It seems like


We need a storm to wash things clean.  

But getting caught in a storm is by no means a pleasant thing.  Wet and cold and miserable are the order of the day.

The storm can sometimes wash the streets clean.  But it the washing takes things away and washes the badness into the sewer.  I am fairly certain that what gets washed away doesn't much enjoy the process.

What needs washing are the lies that we tell ourselves.  Needless to say, that is going to be painful.  'Cuz we do like the lies we tell ourselves.  When the storm comes, a lot of folks are going to be left bereft.

I have no idea what form the storm will take.  I am not even certain that I will be alive to see it.  But I think that it is coming this way at it's own stately pace, stopping here and there to do some concentrated cleaning.

I am hoping that it will continue moving slow.  I have no problem not asking pain to come in a hurry.  The pervasive racketeering that has become the norm in the country isn't built to last.  Sooner or later, the corporates and their professional-class henchmen will begin to lose control.  They will try to dial in their security state apparatus, but without the money, they will find just how loyal these folks are and just how much they will take to ensure their own survival.

I am trying to figure out how to be an ant in a fight between elephants.

No comments: