Thursday, July 19, 2018

Active Suppression

I have asked AF to ID these, I will update the ID when I get data

I tend to be drawn toward investigating things that didn't fit into the prevailing worldview and were suppressed.  I think that this tendency is at the root of my current recherches concerning witchcraft.

Now to be truthful, it is probably a fool's errand.  But I am of an age and disposition where I can't really say that bothers me.  I have seen too much of the world to think that my way of thinking is the norm.  I would like to say it is my humility that allows me to keep and open mind, but it is merely the too-late realization that me and my beliefs tend toward "wrong" when I first formulate them.

So, being armed with a suspicious mind, some time on my hands, and a too-acute sense of my own limitations I have been casting about for a way to look at the world that allows a more accurate representation of the facts on the ground.

That is why things that were actively suppressed are so fascinating.  The trouble is that, for the most part, what you can get out of this kind of stuff is pretty thin ore.  But I have the sneaking hunch that sometimes, just sometimes, the work/thought was suppressed because it challenged the prevailing world view in a manner that was not tolerated by "The Man".  The suppression came about not due to lack of validity, but because the beliefs ran against the power structure and eroded their power.

So, if the power structure took the time and energy to actively suppress something, that something, in my opinion, might have actually contain something that sufficiently potent which awoke the fear/loathing of the power structure.  Seems to me that something  might be a of a meter of possibility.

Before I get too much ahead into witchcraft, I think that I will pause and spend some time making a list of this kind of thing and getting and overview of claims.  Maybe that will help.

No comments: