Friday, July 20, 2018

Getting a Little


The youngest was pissing and moaning the other day about how Social Security was going to bankrupt his generation.

Well, he is right.  I really never expected to be able to dip into the pot myself.  But now that I am getting closer to my dotage and there is an off chance that I can get some of the $143,574 that was put into the giant ponzi scheme for me, I think that I will take what I can when I can.  

So buckaroo, you are right, the system is broken, the money is spent.  All of the "trust fund" is invested in government bonds.  In other words, the government has already spent what was given them.  They did have the courtesy of leaving  an IOU that promises that they will pay it back.  I'm certain that will work out.

But, I ain't a rich man.  Next year in December I will take my place in the queue and see if I can recoup some of my money.  I genuinely wonder how much of it they will pay back.

I am hoping, but at best, I think that I stand no better than a 30% chance of recouping what I put in when you factor in fund insolvency and human mortality. 

No comments: