Monday, July 22, 2024

Devil Anse

 


I have been pretty good at my daily walks.  Yesterday I took a break.  I figure that after nineteen days of >6000 steps I could take a break without having to fill out my guilt/I am a bad person card.  

So I probably spent too much time trying to get a sniff of what is happening in the halls of power.  As usual, I came up with nada.  These last two weeks really haven’t changed a damn thing.  I suppose that I shouldn’t be surprised.  I know as well as anyone that the country is run by one or the other tribes of one trick ponies.  Us down here at the plebe level don’t have a say and the bosses have no intention of giving us one.

I suppose this kind of talk makes me a “conspiracy theorist”.  So be it, but I don’t really think that I am your bog-standard conspiracy theorist (granted, all conspiracy theorists think that they have a unique take on the truth that is transcendent).  My conspiracy theory is that the folks that claim to be in charge and who are engaging in the sissy-boy-slap-fest that is American national politics are stupid and venal and don’t have a clue about what they are doing.

So, when I read the media of any sort concerning the state of politics here in the land o’ the free, I am reading a certain fantasy. The system is too complex to be defined by any individual writer/presenter. Simply put, they portray a hypothesis that is unsupported by a full set of facts.  

The presidency itself is not so much an election of an individual, but instead is an election of a caste.  Right now the two castes have been intermarrying for so long that they are indistinguishable.  But that intermarriage has gotten to the point of inbreeding.

I think perhaps there is a historical precedent for what is happening in America today:

The Hatfield–McCoy Feud involved two American families of the West VirginiaKentucky area along the Tug Fork of the Big Sandy River from 1863 to 1891. The Hatfields of West Virginia were led by William Anderson "Devil Anse" Hatfield, while the McCoys of Kentucky were under the leadership of Randolph "Ole Ran'l" McCoy. Those involved in the feud were descended from Joseph Hatfield and William McCoy (born c. 1750). The feud has entered the American folklore lexicon as a metonym for any bitterly feuding rival parties.


No comments: