Sunday, July 21, 2024

Yogurt as relaxing trivial task

 


So I took my ultimately ugly mickey mouse themed InstantPot out for a yogurt making spin.  It worked great this first time.

Super easy.  I bought a half gallon of milk, poured it into the InstantPot, put the top on and then pressed the “yogurt” button a couple of times until it read “boil” and then walked away.

When the thing beeped at me I pulled the pot out, covered it with plastic wrap, and let it cool for a couple of hours.

When it hit the right temperature Between 95℉ and 110℉, I peeled off the plastic wrap and put the pot back into the maw of mickey and messed around with the “yogurt” button until it read 8:00 and then pressed “+” until the magic number 12 (twelve) came up. (Editorial Note:  People who complain about “tangy” yogurt are losers IMHO!  Yogurt should be tangy)

Then I stirred in some yogurt from a brand I like (Chobani), whisked it up a little to mix, and hit the start and went to bed.

The next morning I had two quarts of yogurt which tasted just fine.  I am fond of “greek style” yogurt, so most of it went into a strainer lined with cheesecloth and covered with the plastic wrap and back into the fridge for an overnight stay.

The next day I was rewarded with around a quart of solid greek yogurt and a couple of cups of whey.  Tastes pretty good.  Mission accomplished.

EndNote:  I used the whey to make my oatmeal that day.  Excellent.

No comments: