Saturday, October 17, 2020

Ponder

Just going to hang out a little this weekend.  Not going to do anything particularly useful. 

Trying to shake off the Autumn blahs, as usual, it is difficult. I think that I will spend more time pottering about the house than loafing and reading.  I have been a slug of late once I get home from the drama-house that I call work. 

I figure that I am going to be here in the studio for a minimum of two more years.  So I am pondering how to make some cosmetic and functional changes to my "home" environment that will allow me a better enjoyment of the place.  I really do think that the space that I currently inhabit (±525 sq/ft or 50 sg/M) is absolutely right-sized for a single like your humble correspondent.  I am thinking that some furniture needs will be addressed (probably not resolved as this requires $$).   Got to call the landlady and figure out carpet cleaning details.

As anticipated, the election is turning ugly, with both sides pointing out that the other side is corrupt and venal as hell.  Both sides are accurate in their assessment.  As I stated yesterday, I can't say as I care or that my vote matters.  Living here in true-blue Oregon takes a lot of strain out of the process.  I am thinking about just skipping my vote for President altogether.  That way I can have a shred of moral dignity and abstain from the lose-lose decision facing the country.

Other than that, nothing in particular to report.  Just another day in the decline.


No comments: