Friday, October 2, 2020

Too Damn Early


Woke up early today.  Couldn't get back to sleep.  It's my own damn fault.  I crashed too early yesterday (you have all heard too much whining from me about Thursdays) and now it is 04:17 and I am pecking away and sipping some java.  I took some time to work on the pictures that I take while wandering about Stumptown so I have a little bit of a backlog for the top of future posts.  So I got that going for me. 

Screed:

I do check in over at the Chef's.  It is on my reading list and we agree on many things.  Not all, but many.  A couple of days ago one of the things that routinely get my goat surfaced over there so I am going to rant on it a bit.  Sorry Chef, still love you, but since I am writing and you showed the poor time management skills needed to let me wander about your musings, a couple of your commenters get taken to task.

What irks me is that in American politics lately, all we have had to choose from is douchebag A versus douchebag B.   That is bad enough.  It does give me cover for my poorly disguised drinking problem, but that is the way it goes in late stage 'Murca.  So every election some folks start talking about "leaving" and going to another country that is better.  I'm going to Canada.  I'm going to Belize.  I'm going to Thailand.  I'm going to XXXX because XXXX is better than here. 

OK folks.  Get over it.  Those places aren't "better" than here.  They have the same people as we have here.  The same racisms.  The same wealth disparities.  The same pot.  The same just about anything.  The governments there have the same record of locking up inconvenient people and repressing a major portion of their societies.  You aren't going anywhere because y'all bought into the shit when times were good and you were fat and sassy, now you are telling me that that now, because you feel some off-flavor of political douchebag has permanently spoiled your view you are going to pull up roots and move to someplace where they don't want you anyway.

America is a fucking train wreck right now.  Yep.  But don't think for a minute that your actions and your whining aren't part of the fucking problem.  Shut up.  Buckle down.  Start bailing the boat.

No comments: